Tuesday, August 10, 2010

San Diego Vintage Finds.

I mentioned in my recap of our recent trip to San Diego about some great vintage finds we discovered in Ocean Beach.  Here are the details . . .  

These sweet little owl paperweights were practically calling out my name and asking me to bring them home.  So of course I obliged.  Seriously, how cute are they? 


If you want your own set of owl paperweights, I came across some online at My Sparrow.  That shop has bunches of cute things.


Next find, a set of 3 candy dishes.  These were just so sweet. 


And they look so pretty stacked too.


I thought this vintage print of coral would be great framed as a nice way to remember Ocean Beach (since I couldn't take my acai bowl with me).


Next up, a small ornately framed print.  I am not as big of a fan of the print as I am of the frame.  I just thought it was so pretty.


Justin found these cool vintage Texas postcards (he's good!).  I especially like the one in the middle of the state capitol building because that's where Justin proposed.


So this picture isn't great, but it's a wild cherry phosphate bottle.  I am so sad because it made it all back in one piece, but I picked it up to move it and it slipped out of my hand.  It cracked and one of the corners shattered.  It pained me to have to throw it away.


And last but not least, a little milk glass pedestal bowl with a scalloped edge.  It's only about four inches tall.  It's precious.  I love all things milk glass. 



I will have to retake the pictures once they all find their permanent (or semi-permanent) homes.  I keep moving things around seeing what looks best in various places.

3 comments:

  1. Love the owls! I've taken a liking to owls as well, but I haven't purchased any yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what lovely vintage finds!

    I just found you by searching for photos of Sarah's Master bedroom. I just saw a rerun of the episode - my little one disallows me to watch anything when it first runs - I am smitten with the room and your blog.

    serendipity...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am new to your blog (linked through centsationalgirl) and I saw your milk glass bowl. I literally bought the exact same bowl on Saturday @ a thrift store. It is currently being used as a fruit bowl on my counter...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It's great to hear from you!