Most of the time when I do my "5 things" list, I try to be positive and thankful about things. Well today is different. There is no way around it, today wasn't a great day, and I am not the in the mood to pretend it was. So instead of trying to find the silver lining in a day where many things went wrong (some minor, some not so minor), my list today will be 5 things that made today a not-so-good day:
1. The appellate court denied my motion for continuance this morning.
2. I forgot to put eyeliner on my left eye this morning. Once I realized it at the office, I tried to rub off the eyeliner on my right eye.
3. I forgot my lunch today and resorted to trying Subway again after a long hiatus. (It was the only food place near my law school, so I ate it all the time and got very sick of it.) I won't be returning anytime soon. My sandwich was terrible and way too toasted. I ate the turkey and lettuce (and that wasn't even good) and threw away the gross bread. To make matters worse, I got to hear everyone in my hall leave for a long lunch, while I sat in my office picking at my sub-par sub.
4. A filing we thought was due Monday is really due tomorrow, which means dinner at the office. It's never a great day when you eat all 3 meals at your desk.
5. The weather was cloudy, drizzly, and dreary.
Thanks for reading my vent. I feel better.