Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Good TV.

Besides the always dependable shows -- The Office, 30 Rock, and The Hills -- I haven't really been able to get into a TV show recently (other than the usual HGTV and Food Network gems). But that is about to change.

Even though The Hills' season finale was last week (and I feel slightly guilty for thinking Spencer was a nice guy in the episode), MTV didn't let me down with the new shows, The City and Bromance.

I didn't want to get hooked on The City -- but let's be serious, I knew it was going to happen. I feel like my days of watching MTV should be over, but I am just not ready to let it go. While Whitney remained relatively drama free in LA, I am glad to see things are getting interesting in NYC.

Exhibit A: Olivia.

She seems like she is a nice person deep down, but can't help from acting snotty and bitchy. And what is her obsession with Whitney's relationship with Jay? Which brings me to . . .

Exhibit B: Jay.

I sure hope he isn't giving Whitney the run-around. He is WAY hot and has a great Australian accent.

Speaking of eye candy, I am not embarrassed to admit that I also watched Bromance. The show's concept is pretty much Paris Hilton's My New BFF, but with guys. Despite being a pretty terrible show, Brody Jenner is a looker so I will continue to watch it. Big thanks to MTV for the gratuitous shot of Brody getting into the hot tub for the elimation.


And don't worry, it's not only the MTV-trash shows aimed at teenagers that I like -- there are a couple non-MTV shows premiering soon that I am looking forward to. Scrubs premiers January 6th and 24 has a 4-hour/2 night premier beginning January 11th.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It's great to hear from you!