Sunday, June 21, 2009

5 Year Anniversary!

So I am over a week late, but I have to recap our wonderful 5 year wedding anniversary. I got back home from Denver on our anniversary early in the afternoon and was able to avoid going into the office. Justin picked me up and we spent the day together! It was great.

We had Justin's favorite cake (yellow with chocolate frosting) from Carrie Made the Cake. (Thanks mom for taking care of that while I was out of town).

Justin ordered beautiful flowers for me from a new place down the street. He was extremely disappointed since he ordered peonies, roses, and hydrangeas in pink and this is what he got. However, they were still pretty and I appreciated the thought.

After a nap (I had been up since 4:30 a.m.), we headed to dinner at Pappa's Brothers Steakhouse. It was amazing, to say the least. They had a great special -- 2 salads, 2 filets, 10 oz of rock lobster, and a side dish (we had asparagus). Of course, we also ordered a side of mac and cheese with crab. DE-LISH!

Here is the lobster (taken with Justin's blackberry):

We also had a tasty dessert -- chocolate mouse with heath bar and dark chocolate ganache with a homemade marshmallow. It wasn't Justin's favorite, so he enjoyed scotch instead. More dessert for me!

I forgot to take a picture before we left, so this is us with extremely full bellies once we got back home.

It was a great day. It's hard to believe it has already been 5 years! I have the most wonderful husband in the whole world. I couldn't imagine loving anyone as much as I love him. I am so blessed and look forward to many many more years of great times ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It's great to hear from you!