1. I'm reading the Happiness Project and the Marriage Plot. I've asked myself why I've decided to read two books at the same time. I really don't have a good answer for that -- maybe I'd be happier if I committed to less! If you've read either of these books, what did you think?
2. Nine years ago this past Tuesday, Justin proposed to me. We were in college at the time and he proposed in front of the Capitol building in Austin. It's so fun to think back and remember the excitement of that night.
3. I apologize in advance to all of you who were good and made a new year's resolution to eat healthier, but it's not fair for me to keep this to myself. Ben & Jerry's Coffee Heath Bar Crunch ice cream is amazing. Try it. You'll thank me (your thighs are a different story).
4. I scored a super deal on a coat from Lands End. Down in Texas, we don't have the need for a jacket like this except for maybe 1-2 days a year, so I hate to spend a lot of money something I'll hardly wear. But I got this coat -- regularly $139 -- for $65 (and free shipping)! It fits great and is super comfy and warm. Perfect for some snow . . .
(photo: lands end)
5. On a related note, we're headed to Breckenridge soon (hence the reason for the jacket)! Does anyone have any tips for places we have to see or things we have to do while we are there?