Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Sperry Top-Siders.

First, thanks for all of the birthday wishes!

I was on the hunt for comfy, non-tennis shoes to wear during our upcoming trip to Europe.  I love me some flats, but most pairs I own don't have a ton of support.  My goal was to find something supportive and still somewhat fashionable.

These fit the bill perfectly!  (And extra bonus -- I got double points during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale).  I want to wear them everyday, but oddly enough, they don't look good with a suit!  But seriously, I can't believe how comfortable they are.  My flip flops have been enjoying a well-deserved break since these new shoes have been in the rotation.  (If you order them, I would size down 1/2 a size.)        

(photo: nordstrom)

And, I'm all about sharing the love . . . so I made strongly encouraged Justin to get a pair as well.

(photo: nordstrom)

He loves his too. Most times when he puts them on, he sings the Lonely Planet I'm On A Boat song (warning: there's lots of bad language in the video; but Justin keeps his rendition clean).  Have you come across anything recently that was too good not to share?

14 comments:

  1. Love sperrys - so comfy. Ha ha - on a boat - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto! Back in April Cristi wrote a post about these being one of her favorite walk to work shoes ever and I think you've just convinced me to get a pair! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. True story - this is all I brought to wear around a trip to New York, and I was worried I'd made a big mistake not packing tennies. I was amazed at how comfortable they were for all the walking we did. You won't be disappointed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been going back and forth on getting some of these. But now that I live in the South, it's practically required! You've maybe pushed me over the edge with your recommendation. I love the gold ones for me, the brown for my husband.

    Marissa
    www.roost-home.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got a good chuckle out of your husband's clever theme song (c: And these are a fantastic idea! The biggest problem I have with my flats are in the support department...being on my feet for any long period always results in some major soreness! Thanks for the suggestion...I think I'm going to try them out with a suit first (c: hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay!! i wear my sperry's year round and love them. great travel shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sperry's rock! I also love Bass! Glad you and the hubby got some cute new shoes for your birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday!!! I've been itching for some sperrys! Thanks for the heads up on the sale!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these shoes. So cute! I want some (:

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just stumbled on your blog; it's great! I have to echo another commenter. In the southeast, Sperrys are a requirement!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My guy and I owned Sperry's years ago - so glad to see them coming back in style because they're so comfy! I've been loving Toms lately for comfort, especially on really hot days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for checking out my guest post over at Aubrey's blog :-)

    Those do look like comfy shoes. And you definitely want comfy shoes & happy feet when you're walking around Europe!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My husband and I are OBSESSED with Sperry's! We both have them in tan and I just bought him a pair of gray, leather ones for our anniversary {3 year traditional gift = leather}. I've had mine for years and I still wear them ALL. THE. TIME. You definitely won't regret this purchase!

    HAVE FUN!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. aaargghhh blast from the past! i wore them all throughout high school!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It's great to hear from you!