1. I can't get this image out of my head. Isn't it gorgeous? I love the drapes, the mirror, the gray settee, and the pretty pink peonies. So lovely!
2. I was in Anthropologie the other night (can you say trouble?) and picked up this shirt. Yep, it's orange bicycles. Love it and it's much more fun that my other button-ups I wear to work. And in full disclosure, Justin picked this shirt out. Anthro always has things in random places and Justin saw this and pointed it out to me. He's a keeper.
3. As we were packing up our old house, I told Justin I wasn't going to bring any books to the apartment to decorate with because I knew we wouldn't have the same kind of storage/book shelves. He told me he thought I should at least bring a few of them because "books make a house a home." After laughing a little at him for making that comment, I told him I totally agreed and threw a few in a box. You may have seen a couple of them here on the campaign dresser.
When we were at Anthro (see number 2), he found this book called "Books Make a Home"! He joked that he authored it under a different name. How funny is that? We had a good laugh in Anthro about that. I'm sure people wondered what was so funny about a book about books!
4. I didn't need a new dry shampoo, but I thought I would try one that was cheaper than my usual one to see how it would work. I grabbed the Tresemme dry shampoo for normal hair. I've only used it one time, but it definitely worked as I hoped. I recently got bangs and like putting just a little bit of dry shampoo on them in the morning (even right after I've washed my hair). The dry shampoo helps to keep them looking "fresher" throughout the day.
5. I have a super special treat coming up this week. My friend (and wonderful photographer), Carrie, came to take pictures of our old house before we moved. As were were moving, I was so thankful I had a blog to look back at to see the house and the progress we made. But I knew Carrie could capture our home in ways I never could -- hence her being a successful photographer! Be sure to check out Sweet Louise Photography and her blog. Not that you need any more encouragement to go check out her awesome work, but it also includes super cute babies and kiddos! In the meantime though, here's a teaser:
Such a fabulous shot of our old staircase, right? Well there will be more where that came from thanks to Carrie!