Tuesday, October 18, 2011

5 things . . .

Here are 5 things I would feel guilty about withholding from you any longer:

(1)  Anthropologie-inspired spray painted paper mache letters.  What a genius idea.  I am always amazed at what you can spray paint.  These would make a great gift!     

Source: 346living.com via Emily on Pinterest


(2)  Deep Dark Chocolate Cookies.  Make these.  Now.  They are super easy to make and are some of the best cookies I've had in a while.  Make sure you have a cold glass of milk handy.    



(3)  Revlon ColorStay Eyeliner.  Seriously, I can't tell you how many eyeliners I've tried -- they all end up either fading away or smudged under my eyes or on my eyelids (or both).  I've even tried the fancy $18.00 ones that the folks at Sephora recommend (Too Faced and Urban Decay) with no luck. 

So while at Target the other night, I decided I would try Revlon ColorStay.  And for only $5.00, I wasn't going to be too bummed if it didn't work.  But it works perfectly!  I get home from work and my eyeliner is still exactly where it is supposed to be.  I've even been going up to Justin and having him look too so that he can be impressed!  Boy is he thrilled.  

(photo: target)


(4)  The Brazilian Peel (a glycolic acid facial peel -- not to be confused with the waxing)!  I splurged on it a couple months ago and will definitely buy again, especially with Sephora's Friends & Family Sale starting soon.  

I don't use it every week as recommended because that's just ridiculously expensive.  Instead, I use it about every 3 weeks.  It really does brighten my skin and makes it so soft.  I have super sensitive skin too and I've had no problems.
 
(photo: sephora)

(5)  Shellac.  Specifically, the color Rock Royalty.  I've been a Shellac fan for sometime now and this color is going to be one of my go to darker colors.  Shellac is a gel manicure that lasts 14+ days with no chips, which is especially key with dark colors.  In the picture, the color almost looks metallic-y, but it's not.  My nails are just super shiny after coming home from the nail place.

And how funny is Riley?  He saw me holding my phone taking a picture, and I swear he thought I was taking it of him!  Too cute.


Have you discovered anything that's too good not to share?

18 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip on the eyeliner! I'm totally going to try get one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your nails look GREAT! I think I need to try that peel!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got a new shellac color today at the salon and love it, too! It's more of a dark burgundy than that color, but still very similar. Swear by Shellac! And Riley is so cute (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE Shellac! Like changed my life love:) And those cookies look amazing! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE shellac - I tried Rock Royalty the other week and literally said the exact same thing about it. "This is going to be my go-to fall color!" I texted my husb and friends about it I was so excited to find a new favorite shade :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to do shellac so bad, I have only heard good things!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the shellac! I got Rock Royalty for my 10 day trip to Italy and had a perfect manicure in every picture!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love that eyeliner!! it does stay on so well for such a cheap product.

    i got some new guess wedge tall brown boots that i'm loving...wearing them daily with the cooler weather :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hehehe...love that your hubby commented on how thrilled he is (c: And I have *got* to try that shellac! Seriously, I'm the worst about my nails and something that lasts for 2 weeks plus would be akin to a miracle (c:

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great finds! So need to try Rock Royalty. But, am I the only one that can destroy a shellac mani in a week?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooooh lots of treats!! Those cookies look out of this world. seriously. AND I have to try me that eyeliner!! I usually use shadow as liner but it always always fades unless I do thick black (which is clearly reserved for after Friday at 5pm, not for 8am on a Tuesday morning haha)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha! Justin is funny. Two of my recent faves- Kind bars. Perfect snack or lunch when you're working on a project and can't get away! Nars Flamenco-great red and has a great feel.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shut up! Those cookies look so so good!! And I'm getting shellac this afternoon! Love how it makes your nails feel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, 14 days? I've got to try it! Can you take it off just like regular polish?

    ReplyDelete
  15. love those letters. And I need those cookies like now! never tried the shellac nails but have heard about them.
    Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I went and bought the Revlon Colorstay because of your favorites & I love it! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great post! Will buy/try the liner & cookies! I agree with Liz-I love the Kind bars! I am also a fan of dunkin donuts for my keurig, Jo Malone Nectarine/blossom/honey cologne, Aquafor for my dry-skin (lips), and washing my hair with Neutrogena shampoo for dandruff (I do NOT have dandruff but it cleans your hair AMAZING)! I use the shampoo every few weeks just to revive my hair and get it squeaky clean-only issue is it smells and u will need to put some conditioner on the hair below your ears.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It's great to hear from you!