Saturday, July 3, 2010

Sometimes Justin is too good.

It's nice having a husband that can do just about anything around the house 99% of the time.  The remaining 1% of the time, it's annoying. 

Our dryer stopped working the other night, so we spent some of the night and the next morning researching new dryers (and washers too, because I am of the mindset that you can't buy one without the other) and talking about when and where we would go to check them out.  After some online looking, we decided on a silver, front-loading, LG washer and dryer.  How cool do those look?   

Somewhere between deciding on the new set and going to buy them, Justin gets the bight idea that he can fix the dryer himself.  He takes it apart and uses his trusty ohmmeter (seriously, is this a common tool to have around the house?) to determine that a thermal fuse was blown.  He picked up a replacement part for $35.00 and fixed it himself in less than 20 minutes.

The dryer is now back in business.  I guess I will just have to keep dreaming of a sleek, front-loading washer and a dryer with a steam setting.


  1. That's kind of bittersweet! Yay, you didn't have to spend the money, but darn no new pretty appliances. =) Have a great 4th!

  2. Justin needs to bring his trusty ohmmeter and fix my dryer! Sometimes it sucks having a handy husband! But, yeah Justy!

  3. Wow he is talented! I totally know what that's like! Hope you can get your new one's soon!


Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It's great to hear from you!