Monday, March 26, 2012

Baby Henry's Shower.

Back in January, we hosted a couple's baby shower for my best friend, Lauren, and her husband, Jacob.  I figured I better recap the shower now because baby Henry will be here in just a couple of weeks!   

I've known both Lauren and Jacob since elementary school.  Not only are they are the best looking couple of all time, they are also the sweetest people ever.  I am so thankful that throughout the years Lauren and I have remained close friends.  I remember thinking it was the end of the world when I moved to Houston for law school and she stayed in Austin for law school.  Little did we know then Lauren would end up in San Diego.  (But hey, we won't ever complain about going out there to visit them!)  Regardless of the physical distance between us, Lauren has always been there for me and I am forever grateful for our friendship.  We've shared so many important occasions together (we were both the maid of honor in each others' weddings), so I can't wait for the arrival of their sweet baby boy!          

 This picture is from the baby shower the day after the couple's shower.

Lauren and Jacob still have lots of friends and family in Texas (and beyond) who wanted to help them celebrate.  So we decided to have a couple's shower on a Friday evening when they were in town.  Because it was a couple's shower, I didn't want baby blue everywhere.  Instead, I copied Henry's nursery scheme and went with a gray, navy, and orange theme.

Here are some of the details:  





And it's not a party without food and drinks.  We also had fajitas, but those aren't as pretty as the desserts!  Lauren picked the peanut butter, banana, and caramel cake from Carrie Made the Cake.  And not surprisingly, it was delish! 


To jazz up the place cards, I used the back of the invitation, which was orange and white chevron, and used double-stick tape to attach a small strip to the bottom of the plain white card. 


We kept the party favors simple and wrapped up decorated shortbread cookies from Paulie's.


In addition to the usual soft drinks, beer, and wine, we had margarita punch to go with the fajitas.  I kept the punch non-alcoholic and just left the tequila and Cointreau off to the side for people to add as much or as little as they wanted.   



And no shower recap is complete without a baby bump picture.  So for good measure, here's a shot of Lauren's cute baby bump!  (And I got totally shown up -- Lauren is in 3 inch heels, while I opted for flats.)  


It was so fun to be able to shower my two of my favorite people.  I can't wait to meet sweet baby Henry. 
  

8 comments:

  1. That is so darling! And you are right, pretty much the most gorgeous couple *ever*! That means Henry is going to be a heartbreaker (c: I adore that color scheme...they should let us have a peek at their nursery, too...y'know, for good measure (c:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the handwriting on the Henry bunting - it looks like a font!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! Love the poufs and the ribbons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the shower (s)! I'm sure they were thrilled (and they are the cutest ever). I love the gray/orange/navy, and the way you cut out the bunting. COngratulations to them, and to you on a good party (can I come over for fajitas and margaritas??)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hands down, I have the BEST best friend in the whole wide world. Words cannot express how much you mean to me, Em. Thank you for the most wonderful shower and I can't wait for you to meet Henry! Now he just needs to make his debut! Love you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to agree, totally one of the best looking couples I have ever seen! You are so gifted Em, everything you do is beautiful just like you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww I love all of these details!! Such a sweet shower and love that you two are still so close after all these years and distance!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a cute baby shower! We just had my sister in laws shower this weekend too! I love the macaron tray!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It's great to hear from you!