5 things about my blogging break . . .
1. Our hotel was terrible. I usually stay in some very nice places when I travel for work, especially when a partner is around (much less 4). However, there were slim pickins and we wanted to be within walking distance of the courthouse and our local counsel's office.
I could dedicate a whole post to "funny" stories about the hotel, but I will just mention two. My hotel-provided hair dryer tripped the circuit breaker every time I used it. On the third day, I went to the public ladies room (that did not have A/C) to blow dry my hair. I learned that tip from a partner in our Chicago office who had to do the same thing. It became comical to "meet up" with wet hair in the public restroom in the morning before we headed to court. Good times.
This was the "closet" in my first room:
Literally, that was at the foot of my bed. Awesome.
2. I'm tired. In addition to not resting well because of the uncomfortable hotel, last week alone I billed over half what I normally bill in one month.
3. The weather there was crazy. This picture was taken about 30 minutes after a hail storm rolled through. Look at that sky. Crazy, huh? I am pretty sure Reed Timmer should have been there. If you look closely, you can see white patches on the ground -- that's the left over hail.
Our rental cars looked like someone took a hammer to them. Our client's back windshield shattered completely into the car. Oh, and the lights went out in the courtroom during the trial. That was a first for me.
4. I lost 5 pounds last week! I was so busy, some days I didn't have time for dinner (or breakfast). But our local counsel's office did have haagen-dazs single serve cups a couple days for dessert after lunch. They were one of the highlights of the trip. I'd never seen them before, but I am now slightly obsessed.
5. It's good to be home. I am still catching up on my sleep and spending time with Justin. I hope to be around more now that this massive trial is over! Thanks for bearing with me!